Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Suite Sugar Hill Guest Room
A modest getaway in Harlem’s Hamilton Heights/Sugar Hill Historic District


Urbane, bright study-guest room:
This study-guest room in the storied Sugar Hill Historic District--the Washington Heights bluff overlooking Harlem--basks in sweet sunlight all day long. Conveniently located near the blue A/C subway (metro) line, and along several bus routes. Ideal for the intrepid single traveler seeking an urban experience steeped in authentic neighborhood ambiance.

Room features & restrictions:
The study-guest room is a hosted space in a multiple-dwelling apartment building, so neighborly courtesy and discretion is required. The room is private, but the bathroom is shared with the male host resident. Living area includes a firm twin (single) bed, 3-drawer clothes chest, hanging closet space and a/c. Study area includes a work desk, free wifi and shelves of NYC-related books, maps and guides at your disposal, Blu-ray dvd internet streaming.

The fully-equipped kitchen is also shared and is not vegetarian.


House rules:
No smoking, pets or kids permitted, however the lodging welcomes any race, nationality or gender and is gay-friendly.
Rates, availability & reservation:
The room is $75 per night, based on a 3-night minimum stay.
A 15% deposit must be paid in advance via PayPal.
The balance must be paid in cash only upon arrival.



__________

Local places of interest.
I offer every guest a free walking tour of several sites of local interest, including:









5 comments:

  1. A guest from EuropeJanuary 5, 2011 at 6:25 AM

    "In October 2010 I had the opportunity by chance to be the first guest in this very private B&B. I was very happy to find this reasonable place to stay. The 3rd time in NY not as a normal tourist, but as a multi-interested explorer, there could not be any better place. Wherever I travel I am interested in the most genuine real life at a place and have no fun with whatever trendy lifestyle stuff. In this sense this place was the best I could find. Unfortunately only 5 days left, I spent it only to discover Harlem, what I did not do the 2 times before. The design of the appartment itself is a highlight, also the hospitality of Eric, the owner. Hopefully it was not the last time there."
    - Hans K., Munich, Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Long Island, NY, travelerJanuary 6, 2011 at 8:22 PM

    "This is no ordinary B & B. It's ideal for anyone into the arts, literature, the history of New York and eclectic dining options. Books, music, a beautiful room, convenient transportation and your host, Eric, make this a great perch for exploration of New York and even surrounding areas."
    - E.R.S., Ocean Bay Park, NY

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Eric, my second stay at your B & B was even better than the first, largely, I guess, because there was so much to explore in the neighborhood even during a much ballyhooed snow storm. The morning tea was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visitor from IstanbulMay 7, 2011 at 11:44 AM

    My stay at the Sugar Hill suite was a short but very pleasant part of my trip to New York this past January. It was made even more interesting by the tour provided (and custom-adapted to my personal/academic interests) by Eric, who even added an extra segment to the tour the next morning before kindly accompanying me to my bus. It lived up to what I had hoped for from a NYC b&b, and I would certainly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilary said - not Anonymous

    I was coming to town and wanted to stay close to the city, I needed to think fast and wanted to somewhere reasonably close to NYC hot spots.

    I had no idea what to expect considering the reasonable price.

    Eric's space reflects the history and character of the neighborhood. Each room is designed with a dash of designer style and beautifully
    appointed retro furnishings.

    Every minute during my stay was intricately designed by Eric to be memorable and very accommodating; nothing was overlooked; down to the smallest detail, including tea served in a beautifully crafted handmade teapot.

    But if that's not enough - it certainly was for me - in the morning breakfast was prepared for me. Needless to say, I found myself pecking away at the strawberries and blueberries while adding it to my cereal.

    The room was very cozy and the sheets and towels were clean. Transportation to the heart of NYC was around the corner adding to the great value.

    If your searching for very safe area, a clean refuge for a short stay then you owe it to yourself to checkout Suite Sugar Hill By Eric.

    Free Wi-Fi is available.

    Hilary K

    ReplyDelete